Here are some resources for photographers just starting out.
Photographers that have inspired me to take this journey:
- Allison Tyler Jones Photography – Allison has the ability to see the beautiful traits that we don’t often see in ourselves and she is able to bring all of that out in her portraits. Most all of the portraits you see of me on this blog and portfolio site are taken by her.
- Snap Shots of a Good Life – Karen Russell, her online class got me to MANUAL mode. I didn’t keep up with the class but I was able to go back with the materials and make it all happen. Take it, breathe it, eat it.
- Amanda Jones - I first saw Amanda’s work in the book Dachshunds: Short & Long. I thought wouldn’t it be cool if you could get dog portraits done by her?? Well we were lucky enough to book one of her travel sessions in Oregon. What she captures in each dog is amazing, you know each one of my dogs personalities just by looking at the photos that she took.
- Ann Hamilton – Dogs & weddings, weddings & dogs…two passions combined together. I love how she pushes the creative side to capture the right moment. How she gets into those positions is what I want to know!
Pet Photographers we admire:
- Shine Pet Photos – by Grace Chon in Los Angeles, all around amazing focus on moving animals!
- Erin Vey – Seattle, Wa, not only do I love looking at her photos but I love to read about her Great Dane Gracie
- Anna Kuperberg – lighting, lighting, ligthing – she can work the light
- Sharon Montrose – WOW, simple, elegant, colorful…Be sure to check out her studio set ups
Non Pet Photographers we admire:
- Lisa Damrosch – amazing paper crafter, mom, wife and photographer located in beautiful Half Moon Bay, CA
- Angela Cardas – Angela is located in Southern Oregon and can capture the beauty of our state along with the people in it
- Jenifer Johnston – FUN family photographer! that is her style and she is based here in Vancouver, WA
- Sherry Mescher – she knows kids and how to work with them just right…photographer, Dayton, OH
- Jessica Hanaumi – here is another photographer that can work the light in any condition. She finds natural light anywhere!
- David Trotter – LOVE the vintage feel from David’s photos
- Rockie Lee – not only is he a photographer based in Vancouver, BC but he is a leader in this photography industry that is approachable and willing to help.
- Amanda Howse – she will work to get the perfect shot! If you are a Seattle, WA bride this is your gal.
POST PRODUCTION/PRINT LAB
- Kevin Kubota’s Digital Photography Boot Campbook – like Allison says: live it breathe it and adopt it. I also followed her directions and dropped it off at Kinkos to be spiral bound. Brilliant idea!
- I also the Kevin Kubota Lightroom2 DVD that comes with Kubota’s Lightroom presets.
- Lightroom 2 [and Lightroom 3 soon!] for all the organizing and pre-editing
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 [and Photoshop CS5 soon!]
- Pioneer Womans’ actions – these are great actions and they are free!
- Totally Rad Actions
- ProDPI is my main professional lab for prints
- I am a Canon gal – currently I am shooting with a Canon 5d Mark II. View my gear here
- I am a Apple gal – iMac, Powerbook, iPhone, iPad
- Camera bag – Crumpler 5 million has been a great bag around pets!
- Blog is a ProPhoto theme [use this code and get $10 off PWES3432] customized by Luxecetera
- Portfolio [website] is from BluDomain
- Blog and Portfolio are both hosted by BlueHost [<a href="http://www.bluehost.com/track/doxzenpetphotos">CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR BLUEHOST.COM</a>]
- All branding was created by Luxecetera
MUST READ BUSINESS BOOKS
- Check out my list of books here